Thursday, August 28, 2008

'I went out there with all my heart ...' Says Asafa Powell


published: Thursday | August 28, 2008


BEIJING:

AFTER EXPRESSING shock that he did not medal in the men's 100 metres, Asafa Powell bounced back with an impressive 4x100m anchor for Jamaica to set a new world record.

"It's just a great feeling. I came out here tonight to push myself and help Usain on his course for his third gold and three world records," said Powell, the former world's 100 metres record holder at 9.74 seconds, after the race.

"I just went out there with all my heart and Jamaica on my mind with the excitement and everything," added Powell, who has broken the world record two times.

"I expected to go 36, but next time around.

"I did not know that we had broken the record," Powell said. "We're very excited and next year we are going to be stronger."

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20080828/sports/sports2.html

0 comments: